Please refer below for the most likely causes and resolution.
- If you cannot log in to remotexs.ntu.edu.sg as it shows the “Login has failed” message, then you need to double check your password. You can reset your password at https://pwd.ntu.edu.sg. If situation persists, please refer to this page on how to report it depending on your user profile (eg. staff, student, alumni)
- If you cannot log in and it doesn't display any error message, try clearing cache/cookies or try another browser. If it still doesn't work, then please refer to this page on how to report it depending on your user profile (eg. staff, student, alumni)
"Your Daily Data Limit has been Exceeded” / “Your Daily Download Limit has been Exceeded”
- In order to prevent resource abuse, we have set daily limits for each resource. This is to minimise the chance of an NTU-wide block since we have to honor license agreements between NTU and publishers. Your data/download limit will reset every midnight.
“Your connection is not private”
- Sometimes, the browser might show this error as you're trying to access a site which is HTTP instead of HTTPS.
- Firstly, ensure the URL on your browser address bar contains "remotexs.ntu.edu.sg" at the beginning. eg. http://sciencedirect.remotexs.ntu.edu.sg. This would mean you are accessing the resource using our proxy and so it would be safe to proceed. Or you may want to access it using a different browser that doesn't show the error message.
- Submit the Ask A Librarian form with the URL you are trying to access so we can fix it.
"[website] redirected you too many times"
- The quick fix is to clear cache/cookies.
- If after clearing cache/cookies, you still face this consistently, recount the steps you did and attach screenshots of the error to Ask A Librarian.
Other reasons of not being able to access the e-resource
- NTU does not subscribe to the journal article you require - You can request for a copy of the article via our Document Delivery Service.
- Check the library database page for any downtime notices and try again after the downtime period
- There could be a temporary technical glitch - You should report the problem for further troubleshooting. If possible, recount the steps you did and attach screenshots of the error to Ask A Librarian.
Views: FAQ Views: 1118