Q. What shall I consider before publishing my dataset in DR-NTU (Data)?
Consider the following questions:
- Is there any prior formal agreement with third parties eg. grant agencies, project sponsors, project collaborators, data sources, that prohibit you from making your data files publicly accessible?
- Will sharing the data now affect any patent application in the future?
- If your research involves human subjects, are you publishing identifiable research data?
If your answer is yes to any of these questions, please consider the following:
- Publish only the metadata while having the relevant data files locked up.
- Deposit your data files but do not publish your dataset record.
If your answer is no to all questions, please proceed to publish your dataset record to enjoy the benefits of open access data sharing.