Q. How do I export my publications from Publons to my ORCID record ?
To export your publications to ORCID please follow these steps:
1. Login to Publons.
2. On the ‘Permissions Settings’ page, click "Link your ORCID" and follow the steps to link your ORCID account to Publons.
3. Once ORCID profile is linked, navigate back to permissions settings page and select ‘Grant Publons permission to update your ORCID works’.
4. Confirm authorization request by logging in to your ORCID record. You will see 'Authorization successful' message.
5. Click on "Export Publications to ORCID now" in your Publons profile. Publications will be exported from Publons and added to the Works section of your ORCID record.
Please note that only publications meeting the following criteria can be exported from Publons to ORCiD:
- Was not originally imported from ORCiD•Has not already been exported to ORCiD.
- Has a publication detail page on Publons. You can check this by testing whether a publication's title is a clickable link from your private dashboard publication history table.
- Has a DOI or a Web of Science accession number associated. The former can be ascertained from the publication's detail page on Publons, the latter can be determined by testing whether the publication has a citation count associated (including zero).
Source : Publons FAQ 'How do I export my Publications to ORCID?'