A recall is a request to get a book back from another user as soon as possible. The Library reserves the right to recall any library material when the material is urgently needed for the Reserves or for filling outstanding reservations.
You will have a minimum loan period of at least 28 days before a recall can take place, to allow for fair and reasonable access by the original borrower.
All items can be recalled except:
- Long term loan materials bought under the School's research funds
- Open shelf AV materials
- Materials which are issued with a 7-day loan at the point of borrowing
- You will have at least 3 days to return the items before the recall date
- Borrowing and renewing privileges will be suspended until the recalled items are returned
- Overdue fines will occur in most cases for late returns
- If you do not return recalled items by the 3rd recall notice, it is deemed to be "lost". Users will be sent a bill for the replacement cost of the item(s)
FAQ Views: 86