Q. How do I obtain permission to use copyrighted materials if it exceeds the legal limit?


To obtain permission, contact the:

1. Copyright owner to negotiate for permission or a licence to use the material; or

2. Collective society that administers the rights of the copyright owner

In your communication, provide the details of the title, author, year of publication, page numbers or chapters, number of copies to be made, intended use, form of distribution, and information on whether the material will be sold as a coursepack.

In Singapore, the Copyright Licensing and Administration Society of Singapore Ltd (CLASS) has a group of international and local academic book publishers and local authors as members. The Composers and Authors Society of Singapore (COMPASS) deals with music copyrights and the usage of musical works.


  • Last Updated Mar 13, 2019
  • Views 4
  • Answered By OIKLS Scholarly Publishing & Impact

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0   0

Unable to find the answer to your question? Contact us!