The data usage license in DR-NTU (Data) is by default a Creative Common CC-BY-NC license. However, if you find the default license is not suitable due to some circumstances (e.g. agreements with external collaborators and parties), you have the option to use other Creative Common licenses or to draft a custom data usage license.


1. Click on 'Terms' > 'Edit Terms Requirements'

2. Under 'Dataset Terms', choose a preferred license, or select 'Custom Dataset Terms' to customise.

3. If you selected 'Custom Dataset Terms', fill in customised 'Terms of Use'. Alternatively, you may upload the terms of use in a license file as an attachment.

Views: FAQ Views: 206

Related FAQs

    Ask Us

    Ask Us

    Can't find the answer in our FAQs? Write in to us below. 

    If you’d like to request for unavailable materials, please see this guide and follow the instructions there.

    If you are asking about e-resource access, see here first.

    Please attach screenshots (especially for e-resource access issues) or any other files that will be very helpful to answer your enquiry.

    Fields marked with * are required.
    By submitting this form, I hereby acknowledge that I have read and understood the NTU Privacy Statement (“Statement”), and consent that Nanyang Technological University can collect, use and disclose all the personal data provided by me in accordance with the Statement and/or Personal Data Protection Act