You can choose to organize references in your bibliography according to reference type or by other customized categories. You can create your bibliography categories when you first begin writing a document or at any time during your writing project.
- Open your Microsoft Word document.
- Click Categorize References on the EndNote toolbar - select Configure Categories
- Click the button [+] Category Headings to add a blank text field under Category Headings.
- Enter names for your categories e.g. reference types - Books, Journals, Web Pages. Organize categories based on how you want them to appear in your bibliography in Word.
- Click on All References in Bibliography to see your references.
- Now drag a specific reference to your category listed under Category Headings. The assigned category will appear in the category column next to the reference.
- Any reference not assigned a category will appear in the bibliography under the heading Uncategorized References.
- Click Ok.
- You can re-name a category, delete a category, or move references between categories.
Views: FAQ Views: 59