Q. Do non-faculty have to give permission to NTU to use their ORCID data via the authorization link?


Currently, only NTU faculty need to grant NTU permission to use their ORCID data.


The objective of this authorizaton exercise is to use the data in the 'Works' section of faculty members' ORCID records in the upcoming new NTU research information management system (RISE). Currently, the publications and scholarly works have to be manually updated in the current NTU research information management system (RIMS).

NTU faculty members will then be selecting publications and scholarly works via RISE to display in their NTU academic profile page.


Non-faculty members do not need to authorize. However, for anyone doing research, it will be useful to consider creating an ORCID iD if you do not have one yet, and to ensure that it is up-to-date




  • Last Updated Jan 22, 2020
  • Views 20
  • Answered By Oi May Wong

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 1   0

Unable to find the answer to your question? Contact us!

NTU Ask A Librarian

Write in to us below and we will get back to you soon!

You could contact us via Whatsapp or contact the respective libraries directly.

Or you can directly contact our information experts for advice and consultation on your papers & research needs or browse our FAQs for quick answers. 

If you’d like to request for unavailable materials, please see this guide and follow the instructions there.

Fields marked with * are required.