Q. How to merge two or more word documents (different EndNote Libraries) into one document?
Steps for merging word documents with EndNote. Please note that the below steps will produce a single bibliography at the end of the document.
- Create a blank document where you will place all the chapters.
- Make a backup copy of all the documents you wish to merge.
- Open the documents to be merged in Word.
- Copy the text of the individual documents, but NOT the reference list. It is important that you do not include the reference list as part of what you copy.
- Paste the text from the individual documents into the new blank document.
- Once you have created the merged document.
- Ensure EndNote program with all the libraries for the merging documents are open.
- Click the EndNote tab and click Update Citations and Bibliography.
This procedure will create a formatted Microsoft Word document with one bibliography at the end.
Was this helpful? 0 0